Amphora Health is a health and data science company focused on research, clinical genomics, and medical record analysis. Our vision is to accelerate the world’s transition into intelligent healthcare systems.
We are seeking a bilingual Data Engineer Intern based in Morelia, Mexico who will help drive our oncology projects. As a member of our young group, you will have the opportunity to deliver health analytics solutions, and learn from our data and clinical scientists, engineers, and research associates.
- Currently enrolled in a fully-recognized undergraduate program
- Experience with Python, R and SQL. If not proficient in these languages, we expect the candidate to be proficient in other languages and prove their ability to learn new ones very quickly.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both English and Spanish at a professional level.
- Flexibility to work with diverse, multi-disciplinary, and geographically-distributed teams over web conferencing and collaborative tools.
- Ability to adhere to an expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters.
- A computer science undergraduate student or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with data engineering, data science, and software engineering practices.
- Passion to learn about medicine, and technology applications to oncology.
The role will have a deep involvement in projects related to global oncology challenges (e.g. analyzing data from cancer registries, understanding patient journeys, etc.), and will help us build analytics solutions with advanced analytics programming. The intern will learn to analyze a diverse set of real-world data sources (e.g. EHR, genomics, PROs, registries, questionnaires, etc). In addition to technical knowledge, you must be comfortable with rapidly evolving requirements and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Please remember to send us your resume, cover letter, and contact information. Visit our Careers page for information on our hiring process.
Submit your application through our Worky app: https://app.worky.mx/vacante/Amphora-Health/d1665171660626