Amphora Health is a life and data science startup with a strong bioethics commitment. Our vision is to accelerate the world’s transition into intelligent healthcare systems.
We are seeking a Data Engineer based in Morelia, Mexico who will work in our Computational Genomics group. The candidate will work closely with our clients building genomic products and pipelines. The candidate will work on genetic ancestry, polygenic risk score models (PRS), genome wide association studies (GWAs), deploying principal component analysis (PCA), among others. The ideal candidate should be familiar with computational genomics tools (e.g. BCFtools, PLINK, BEAGLE). A strong interest in genomics and flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment is desired.
- MS or BS degree in Computational Genomics, Bioinformatics, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Solid experience with Python. If not proficient in Python, we expect the candidate to be proficient in other languages and prove their ability to learn new ones very quickly.
- Familiarity with Shell scripting.
- Familiarity with computational genomics or bioinformatics tools (e.g. PLINK, BCFtools, Beagle).
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both English and Spanish at a professional level.
- Flexibility to work with diverse, multi-disciplinary, and geographically-distributed teams over web conferencing and collaborative tools.
- Candidates with graduate studies and/or experience working with genomics datasets.
- Familiarity with data engineering, data science, and software engineering practices.
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and platform services.
- Taken and successfully completed machine learning coursework.
- Have a basic understanding of the applicable regulations and bylaws related to bioethics and patient-data protection.
We are committed to offering the best experience to all our collaborators.
Standard Benefits. All benefits applicable by the Mexican bylaws and regulations, including Social Security (IMSS), retirement fund (AFORE), and housing account (INFONAVIT).
Comprehensive Healthcare. Private insurance for major medical expenses at no extra cost.
Flexible Personal Time Off. You choose when you want to take some time off. We also have winter and spring breaks to help you recharge energy.
Saving Fund. As an Amphora Health collaborator, you will be automatically enrolled into our Savings Fund plan.
Meal Vouchers. The goal is to help you save money, time, planning, and preparation of meals, via a flexible card that you can use to pay for lunch, groceries, or even online shopping.
Healthy Snacks. Our office is always full of Mexican candy (sweet and spicy), coffee, tea, and healthy snacks. We also host regular company breakfasts.
Please remember to send us your resume, cover letter, and contact information. Visit our Careers page for information on our hiring process.
Submit your application through our Worky app: https://app.worky.mx/vacante/Amphora-Health/d1652121500266