Amphora Health is a life and data science startup with a strong bioethics commitment. Our vision is to accelerate the world’s transition into intelligent healthcare systems.
We are seeking a bilingual Data Scientist based in Morelia, Mexico who will help drive our genomics projects with international organizations. As a member of our young group, you will have the opportunity to plan, conduct, and analyze scientific experiments to help solve the challenges in population genomics, clinical genomics, or genetic counseling services. Your primary responsibilities will include carrying out new research proposals, applying for funds and grants, presenting findings at scientific meetings and conferences, and delivering new genomics and health insights to our customers in North America and their collaborators across the globe.
- PhD in Genomics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Artificial Intelligence, Biomathematics, or similar.
- Fluent in statistical methods for epidemiological and pharmacological studies.
- Experience conducting computational genomics studies with biomedical data sources (e.g., exomes, whole genome sequencing, microarray data, microbiome), as well as linking it to clinical real world data (e.g surveys, electronic health records, clinical trials, digital health wearables, registries, claims, genomic, molecular, laboratories, etc.).
- Experience using scientific computing environments and programming skills.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both English and Spanish at a scientific level.
- Flexibility to work with diverse, multi-disciplinary, and geographically-distributed teams over web conferencing and collaborative tools.
- Have a strong understanding of the applicable regulations and bylaws related to bioethics and patient-data protection.
- Candidates with strong quantitative and computational abilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Familiarity with advances in Artificial Intelligence research, tools, and methods.
- Familiarity with data engineering, data science, and software engineering practices.
- Demonstrated publication track record in PubMed, and ability to quickly develop systematic reviews, scoping reviews, etc.
- International experience working with genomic consortiums.
We are committed to offering the best experience to all our collaborators.
Standard Benefits. All benefits applicable by the Mexican bylaws and regulations, including Social Security (IMSS), retirement fund (AFORE), and housing account (INFONAVIT).
Comprehensive Healthcare. Private insurance for major medical expenses at no extra cost.
Flexible Personal Time Off. You choose when you want to take some time off. We also have winter and spring breaks to help you recharge energy.
Saving Fund. As an Amphora Health collaborator, you will be automatically enrolled into our Savings Fund plan.
Meal Vouchers. The goal is to help you save money, time, planning, and preparation of meals, via a flexible card that you can use to pay for lunch, groceries, or even online shopping.
Healthy Snacks. Our office is always full of Mexican candy (sweet and spicy), coffee, tea, and healthy snacks. We also host regular company breakfasts.
Please remember to send us your resume, cover letter, and contact information. Visit our Careers page for information on our hiring process.
Submit your application through our Worky app: https://app.worky.mx/vacante/Amphora-Health/d1652282988196